10 Reasons Why I Love Nick Jr.
10. There are songs and fun games instead of annoying toy and food commercials that leave my 2 year old saying “I want that!”
9. Diversity. They’ve got “Little Bill,” “Ni Hao, Kai-Lan,” “Dora the Explorer,” and “Go, Diego, Go!” (although I’d prefer them to be a little MORE diverse…but whatever.)
8. High quality shows – the graphics, creativity, and themes about everyday life are good. I actually catch myself watching some of the shows and wanting to see how they end!
7. Nick Jr. integrates music into everything and every theme song is catchy, which is PERFECT for my little musical 2 year old.
6. It’s like preschool on tv. Okay, that’s funny that they say that. But it actually is educational and Captain Fussybuckets has learned some things from watching a little Nick Jr.
5. NO ADULT INNUENDOS!!!
4. “Jack’s Big Music Show”
3. You won’t hear Franklin, the Bubble Guppies, or Team Umizoomi saying words that, while aren’t bad, I definitely don’t want my 2 year old saying (i.e. “butt,” “stupid,” and yes, even “gosh.”)
2. “The Fresh Beat Band” I’m actually considering downloading their new song – “Here We Go.” Their stuff is super catchy and while the story lines are corny, their songs are pretty good.
1. Kai-Lan is nice to her friends and teaches to share, not to hit, etc, unlike a big yellow square dude on another channel that has the word “Nick” in it……