Great Ways to Celebrate Your Employees for Employee Appreciation Day! #SconesAppreciation #sponsored contains affiliate links
I bet you did not know that March 3 is Employee Appreciation Day! If you are a boss or have any employees, this is a great way to celebrate their dedication and work for your company!
The first Friday of March is the day we celebrate our employees. Without employees, there is not anyone to service customers, and that is what keeps a business going after all. People generally stay with a company if they feel valued and appreciated. If they do not, it makes quitting much easier!
National Employee Appreciation Day began in 1995, almost 40 years after National Boss’s Day began in 1958. It seems funny that we celebrated bosses for so long, without truly appreciating all employees!
How to Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day
- Company Breakfast! Order some delicious scones from Seven Sisters Scones for a special treat that’s not your traditional stale office donuts! Pair with some delicious, fresh coffee and creamer and you have a treat that employees are sure to love. If you have vegan or gluten free employees, Seven Sisters Scones have you covered with that, too. So easy!
- Gift Bags – everyone loves a gift bag! Spend a couple of hours picking out things that your employees will love. Gift cards, bottled drinks, candy, “leave early” passes, etc!
- Paid Day Off – IF your company can swing it, give your employees a surprise day off! EVERYONE appreciates that! Work from home is an alternative that still ensures your staff gets some work done, but at a more leisurely pace.
- Send Employees Home Early – since Employee Appreciation Day falls on a Friday, tell your staff that they will be able to leave few hours early. This may mean that you need to fill in some spots, but they will appreciate the extra hours!
- Just say thank you! Sometimes we forget these two simple words. “Thank you” goes a long way and it helps employees know that you truly appreciate what they do. Practice saying this more often!
What other ideas do you have for Employee Appreciation Day?