While Mothers Day gifts are nice, sometimes men and kids don’t really understand what moms really want, and how a little goes a LONG way. Flowers, chocolates, and jewelry ARE nice, but let’s save those for Valentine’s Day, shall we? I’ve compiled a list of what Moms REALLY want. Feel free to add yours in the comments!
What Mom REALLY wants for Mother’s Day:
- A two hour nap, without kids, pets, or any sort of distractions. (this includes kids screaming down the hallway!)
- Instead of buying your wife or Mom something, how about you just hand her a credit card and saying “Here, Honey, I’ll take the kids, you just go shopping for as long as you want. We’ll be fine.”
- A day without having to load or unload the dishwasher, sink, washer, dryer, hamper, or laundry basket. (but yet these things still get done!)
- No crumbs on the table or under the table, or even on the couch. A crumbless day would be a great day in my house!
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner all taken care of. You don’t have to be superman to accomplish this, a grilled cheese sandwich, getting take-out or taking the family out to a restaurant is just fine.
- A bath or shower, alone…with the door closed and not opened one time.
- Likewise, restroom time, alone…with the door closed and not opened one time during the duration.
- Not having to entertain the kids all day long. That doesn’t mean sticking them in front of the TV or video game all day long, but whatever you need to do is fine. Just don’t disturb Mom.
- An IOU for a date night. Let the kids stay with a reliable baby-sitter that adores them all the same and is good with them, so Mom can relax and not worry about them.
- A day without having to wipe poop or snot.
- Change the sheets on the bed, wash them, and return them to the bed. This task is easy, but really annoying and tedious, and a little goes a long way.
- I don’t particularly desire things like a massage, pedicure, or manicure, but if you think your wife or Mom might like one, this is probably the best way to spend money on a “gift.”
- A handmade card is ALWAYS better than a storebought one. Well, unless you have one made with adorable pictures of your kids. If your wife wants the mushy poem, go to the store, snap a pic of a mushy card with your phone and copy it on your handmade card at home. Easy.
Disclaimer: this is a list for all men and not a hint for my Hubby. He’s pretty good about stuff like this, all throughout the year. Which brings me to another point…..if you spread this stuff out throughout the year, you could have a very happy and appreciative wife and Mom! And a very happy and appreciative wife and Mom will be more likely to help out with the “man chores” and might also encourage you to take that golf trip you’ve been dreaming about! So, just remember to love and appreciate the mother or step-mother of your children, your wife if you have no children, and your mom, every single day of the year and you should be good to go! 😉