Packing for yourself is hard enough, but add in a baby, and that’s when things get tricky. I am always forgetting something when I’m packing for the boys. I forgot my own toothbrush and some things for Baby Brother a few weeks ago when I went on a trip. I have compiled a helpful packing checklist for the next time you travel with a baby so you will not forget the important things that will make your trip easier and help everyone to sleep better!
- Baby soap
- Clothes – at least two outfits per day
- Socks and shoes
- Sound machine to help baby (and you!) sleep well in the hotel room
- Crib sheets for the hotel crib
- Pack n Play
- Diaper changing pad
- Foam bumpers for co-sleeping – (always be prepared or Baby to not like his new surroundings. I suggest having a plan B (and C!) for sleeping arrangements.)
- Comfort items like loveys, dolls, or stuffed animals
- Food, formula, bottles, breast pump, spoons, bowls, etc
- Travel baby seat for feeding or just sitting in the room
- Two diaper bags
- Baby carrier
- Medicines, diaper rash cream, thermometer, etc – just in case
- Hat and sunglasses (and a natural sunscreen if baby is over 6 months old)
- Tissues, plastic bags, and disinfectant wipes
If you are planning one last hurrah this summer, remember to stock up for your trip!
Do you have anything to add to this checklist that is essential for traveling with a baby?